October means Halloween, and Halloween means horror, and horror? Well that means some damn good movies. I presume many of you are searching for a good horror flick to curl up with this holiday, and I will advise you to first consider my list that I thought you might want to watch this coming Halloween weekend.
I’d compile a new one made up of films that aren’t quite as widely known.
1. “28 Days Later”. Even before “World War Z” introduced zombie on steroids, this Danny Boyle classic reigned supreme for introducing (gasp!) running zombies! The overall idea behind the zombie apocalypse quickly turns into paranoia that “this could actually happen”, which only adds to the film’s overall scare factor. The plot depicts the breakdown of society following the accidental release of a highly contagious virus and focuses upon the struggle of four survivors to cope with the destruction of the life they once knew.
2. “Fright Night”. We said it in the lead, yeah, we know! But this monster of a film (punintended) is really one for the books! It’s a popcorn flick but the scare factor is just way of the charts. In a time when vampires have become nothing more than heartthrobs, it’s great to revisit real vampire movies.
3. “Evil Dead”. This is a classic Sam Raimi flick. Before he even went mainstream to give you the Spider-man Trilogy of Tobey Maguire, he was a master genre creator: Horror-Comedy. If that sounds eff-ed up,that’s because it is. It’s probably one of the only films that could get away with such polarizing effects: die of scares in one scene; laugh your butt on another.
4. “Insidious”. A lot of critics and moviegoers alike agree that “The Conjuring”better. But heck we’ve seen both. And with the premise behind “Insidious” flawlessly, a sequel up, and the fact that “The Conjuring” could easily pass as “familyentertainment”, we’d like to see you scared off your pants with this film.
5. “Sixth Sense”. You’ve probably seen this but we can’t think of any more top-of-mind horror films without at least mentioning this. It’s got pretty much some of the best scares of all time and the twist is just riveting. If you haven’t seen this yet, c’mon watched it!!!
Don’t Stay Awake too long..
Have a Creepy Holloween Weekend Guys!!!